At CRU, we respect your privacy.
- What does this policy cover?
This Policy applies to personal information collected by CRU in connection with the services we offer. This includes information collected offline at CRU locations, direct marketing campaigns, contests, sweepstakes and online through our websites and apps.
This Policy also applies to targeted CRU content, including offers and advertisements for CRU services and products, which we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) may send to you on third-party websites, platforms and applications based on your usage of CRU websites. These third-party sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those third-party sites.
While this Policy is intended to describe the broadest range of our personal information processing activities globally, those processing activities may be more limited in some jurisdictions based on the restrictions of their laws. For example, the laws of a particular country may limit the types of personal information we can collect or the manner in which we process that personal information. In those instances, we adjust our internal policies and/or practices to reflect the requirements of local law.
- What kind of personal Information do we collect?
The term “ personal information ” in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law) include:
• your name, gender, contact details, date of birth, image, nationality, and identification number;
• information on your usage of CRU’s services and products;
• your credit card or other payment information;
• information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences, in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or promotional offers, or to our websites or apps and those of third parties;
• information collected whilst at a CRU gym through the use of closed circuit television systems, internet systems (including wireless networks that collect data about your computer, smart or mobile device, or your location) and other security and technology systems;
• information collected whilst you access a CRU website or app; and
• contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts.
There may be instances in which the personal information that you provide to us or that we collect is considered Sensitive Personal Information (or another similar term) under the privacy laws of some countries. Those laws define “Sensitive Personal Information” to mean personal information from which we can determine or infer, for example, an individual’s physical or mental health or condition. We only process Sensitive Personal Information in your jurisdiction if and to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
When you agree to this Policy you are, to the extent required under your local law, granting your express and written consent to the processing of any personal information that you provide to CRU that is considered to be Sensitive Personal Information. Save to the extent required by law, you are not obliged to provide us with any of your Sensitive Personal Information, and should you choose not to, this will not prevent you from purchasing any services or products from CRU. However, should you chose not to, depending on the nature of the Sensitive Personal Information you choose not to provide, our ability to provide our services or products to you may be affected.
- How we use Your Personal Information
Collecting Personal Information helps us better understand what you need from us. We may collect personal information either directly from you or your authorised representatives, from third parties or through our Website, mobile and web applications, services application forms and other methods such as surveys.
We may collect and use your Personal Information to:
• verify your identity;
• plan, provision and bill for products and services;
• provide access to, personalise your experience on, and improve the functionality of our website and app;
• manage your relationship with customer care related activities and technical assistance through remote access;
• notify you with details of products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you;
• carry out market and product analysis to improve our products and services and the marketing of our products and services;
• gather feedback and statistics to improve our network, servers, website and app;
• improve your user experience through profiling and analysing your preferences;
• manage bad debt and prevent fraud or illegal activities;
• carry out activities connected with running of our business (such as personnel training, quality control, dispute resolution, and network monitoring) and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or potential customer;
• investigate any action that may threaten network security or integrity;
• complying with any applicable law, regulations, guidelines or rules or to render assistance to law enforcement, governmental and regulatory agencies;
• provide complementary products or services, or rewards to you from our business partners; and
• other related purposes.
CRU will not use your Personal Information for any purpose not permitted by law or beyond the stated purpose you have consented to. The CRU Website may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites.
- Safeguarding your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification, or misuse, and is only permitted among CRU staff and agents on a need-to-know basis.
- Who we may give your Personal Information
From time to time, we use other third parties to perform obligations related to the provision our products or services. Those entities may include:
• companies related to us;
• our business partners, marketing partners and authorised service providers;
• credit providers or credit reporting agencies; and
• law enforcement, governmental and regulatory agencies
We are required to disclose your Personal Information to the parties described above so that they may carry out their obligations to us, and to you. Our disclosure of your Personal Information may, at times, be subject to their privacy policies. To every extent possible, we require these parties to act consistently with the personal information protections we have put in place.
- Withdrawing your Consent
You may request to withdraw your consent by contacting us at the email address below. Your request for withdrawal of consent will take effect within 30 days upon receipt of your request. Please note that use of your personal data may be essential for us to provide the product or service that you subscribed. Therefore, your withdrawal of consent may impair our ability to continue providing the product or service to you. Your withdrawal of consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where permitted or required under applicable laws
If you wish to withdraw your consent to receive marketing messages about our exclusive offers from us or our business partners, please contact our customer care or unsubscribe from our newsletter. Your request will be processed within 30 days. Non-marketing messages including product and service updates and notices will not be affected by your consent withdrawal.
- Contacting Us
RULES AND RISKS ON THE USE OF THE PREMISES AND FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
You shall be subject to the rules of CruCycle in respect of the use of the premises and the facilities and equipment provided therein (House Rules). You shall be deemed to have knowledge of the rules which are posted on the notice board in the premises as well as the website, and which may be amended from time to time without notice. Please familiarise yourself with the House Rules.
CruCycle shall not be liable to you for any inability to use or obtain access to the premises owing to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of CruCycle. In such event, any refund of the usage fee shall be just to the sole discretion of CruCycle.
CruCycle shall not be liable to you, whether in contract or in tort, for any injury you may suffer at the premises or for your death, whether as a result of your using the facilities or equipment or otherwise, or any loss or damage you may suffer as a consequence thereof, unless due to the willful default or negligence of CruCycle.
CruCycle shall not be required to provide you with the services and guidance of any attendant or supervisor, whether skilled or otherwise, and whether during the time you make use of the facilities and equipment or otherwise. Any attendant or supervisor provided by CruCycle shall be relied upon by you at your own risk. You shall be solely responsible to seek medical advice and to decide whether or not the facilities or equipment at the premises would be suitable for you, having regard to your personal health condition.
CruCycle shall not be liable for any loss or damage to your property that you may suffer at the premises, whether or not such property was brought into the premises by you or otherwise.
"CruCycle" shall be read to include its directors, employees, contractors, agents, representatives.
RULES AND RISKS ON THE USE OF THE PREMISES AND FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
You shall be subject to the rules of CruBox in respect of the use of the premises and the facilities and equipment provided therein (House Rules). You shall be deemed to have knowledge of the rules which are posted on the notice board in the premises as well as the website, and which may be amended from time to time without notice. Please familiarise yourself with the House Rules.
CruBox shall not be liable to you for any inability to use or obtain access to the premises owing to circumstances beyond the reasonable control of CruBox. In such event, any refund of the usage fee shall be subject to the sole discretion of CruBox.
CruBox shall not be liable to you, whether in contract or in tort, for any injury you may suffer at the premises or for your death, whether as a result of your using the facilities or equipment or otherwise, or any loss or damage you may suffer as a consequence thereof, unless due to the willful default or negligence of CruBox.
CruBox shall not be required to provide you with the services and guidance of any attendant or supervisor, whether skilled or otherwise, and whether during the time you make use of the facilities and equipment or other- wise. Any attendant or supervisor provided by CruBox shall be relied upon by you at your own risk. You shall be solely responsible to seek medical advice and to decide whether or not the facilities or equipment at the premises would be suitable for you, having regard to your personal health condition.
CruBox shall not be liable for any loss or damage to your property that you may suffer at the premises, whether or not such property was brought into the premises by you or otherwise.
“CruBox” shall be read to include its directors, employees, contractors, agents, representatives.